Sunday 27 January 2008

Durham Interview

Note: Had written this on Thursday, but forgot to post it! Haha!

Durham interview went well today! Apparently will be receiving an offer of AAB within the next few weeks, which isn't too bad! Also heard back from York, they want AAB including Maths!

Josephine Butler college at Durham is extremely nice, en-suite rooms, lovely bar (:P), free gym... loads! The kitchens for the flats were actually nice as well!

Sadly, the choice isn't too clear cut between York and Durham, since Durham's Computer Science facilities didn't really impress me much (no reference to the song!), whereas at York the CS department is awesome!!!

I'm off to see Nottingham next Wednesday - that still looks like my first choice, with York/Durham forming the back-up offer (I know it sounds stupid, having a first place offer lower than the reserve!). I did learn, however, that Nottingham has the highest rate of student crime in England... may leave my phone at home!!!

Really enjoyed looking round Durham campus though, since it was a week-day I got to see more of the uni at its busiest - and I liked what I saw!

No comments: